No matter our race, background, or zip code, most of us believe that for democracy to work for all of us, it must include us all.
To move forward as a nation, we must ensure that every eligible American has the Freedom to Vote.
We must ensure every voice is heard and our elections reflect the will of the people. Act now to support the For the People Act and The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act!
What is the For the People Act?
The For the People Act is federal legislation that will:
- Protect our freedom to vote by making voting equally accessible in every state.
- Dismantle barriers erected to keep Black, Indigenous, young, and new Americans from voting.
- Make sure our voices are heard by preventing billionaires and special interests from buying our elections.
- Ensure we can elect leaders who govern in our interests by ending partisan gerrymandering.
What is the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act?
The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act is federal legislation that will:
- Restore the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
- Ensures that discriminatory changes to voting rules are federally reviewed so that no one’s freedom to vote is restricted based on what they look like or where they live.
Americans Want Bold Action
believe the Voting Rights Act is still needed
support the For the People Act
support the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act
Research by Lake Research Partners, April 2021
VOTE Mural by Mac Blackout